Durable, reliable and an essential piece of kit for that African hunting adventure, London gunmaker John Rigby & Co. has released a new safari edition Jungle Jim Boot, handmade by the renowned Courteney Boot Company.
Named in honour of the great Rigby adventurer Jim Corbett, the Jungle Jim boot is an exclusive interpretation of the Rigby Courteney Safari Boot.
Made in Zimbabwe from buffalo hide, not only are the boots lightweight, making them ideal for warmer climates, but the canvas body allows for more efficient packing and is quick drying and breathable. Plus the thick rubber sole and padded ankle will provide added comfort and support throughout the day.
Marc Newton, the managing director of Rigby, commented: “Using the experience my team has gained over the years of hunting in Africa, we have collated this information to develop not only comfortable footwear but safari boots which are fit for purpose. Paying homage to one of Rigby’s greats, we thought it was apt to name the boots after one of Rigby’s great adventurers who has treaded the earth with a Rigby in hand.”
RRP £215, available in UK sizes 7 to 12, exclusively from www.johnrigbyandco.com
A high res image can be found here: bit.ly/JungleJimBoots
- Founded in Dublin in 1775, the company has more than 240 years’ of gunmaking experience.
- Rigby opened its first London shop in 1865 and continued operating out of both offices until they closed their Dublin shop in 1897.
- The company moved to the USA in 1997, but returned to London in 2013 when it was bought by L&O Group, Germany.
- Rigby now operates out of a purpose built premise in Pensbury Place, London.
- In 2013, Rigby recommenced their historic partnership with Mauser, which dates back to the late 19th
- The firm manufactures bolt-action and double rifles. Products of particular note include the iconic Rising Bite double rifles, fully bespoke London Bests, the award-winning range of Big Game bolt-action rifles and the latest creation the Highland Stalker.
- For media enquiries, email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0) 1890 882441.